View Single Post
Old 04-18-2016, 06:27 PM
Erik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
Bumping this old thread now that I have officially completed building the subset it inspired. I acquired the last card I needed (Mantle) a few months back but with the Mantle and a handful of the other non-HOF cards being raw I didn't feel like it was really finished until I got them all into SGC holders.

With budget constraints and wandering focus I spent a bit over a year acquiring them all. Finding them in SGC holders especially on the minor stars was the toughest challenge. After grading costs the Mantle cost me about $40. Spent about that much on the Williams. All others were picked up for $25 or less with most of the HOFers in the $15-$20 range. Lost track of the total cost I spent on it along the way but I think it was around $350 or so.

Constructed this collage of them all from the individual scans. The alternating colors in this three row layout really looks cool to me even if several of them are on the rough side. Also, the star power of that 2nd row is just amazing. Everyone a HOF member and only 1 that was not a league MVP.

Very nice indeed, Dustin.

I have the same sub set, though not graded. I wouldn't trade or sell it for anything.