View Single Post
Old 04-18-2016, 09:32 PM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBB View Post
Really appreciate all the feedback. Think I'm going to sell the low-mid tier HOFers and low value cards first. Now I'm convinced that I can do that across both the 50s stuff and the pre war at the same time to reduce risk, weed out the junk and get a little extra coin. Not selling the good stuff. Except one or two that either don't matter to me personally (Psa 7 Wilson franks Enos slaughter, PSA 6 Venezuela bob Gibson, etc) or might be over valued at moment (Psa 6 '55 Clemente.)But I think wave 2 will be all 50s stuff except maybe 4-5 cards that are easy to call investments.

Can't bring myself to break up the Goudeys. Think I'm taking them off the table along with the cream of the crop for both the 50s (4-5 cards) and the prewar (few dozen keepers).

In brief, I'm focusing the collection more on pre war and raising the bar for what an average card in my collection is. That and pocketing some money. Seems like a good time for selling (though prices may creep higher before any reversal starts.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
good choice!