View Single Post
Old 04-24-2016, 05:38 AM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 'stache View Post
Well, as somebody who has been playing the guitar for 25 years, studying a myriad of styles, and incorporating rock, prog, metal, blues, classical and jazz into my playing, I can say the Rolling Stone' Top 100 Guitarists of all-time list is shit. That they listed Kurt Cobain (#12) ahead of true virtuosos like Jeff Beck (#14), Brian May (#39), Ritchie Blackmore (#55), Eddie Van Halen (#70), David Gilmour (#82), and Randy Rhoads (#85), while completely excluding such greats as Al DiMeola, Allan Holdsworth, Pat Metheny, Andres Segovia, Joe Satriani, Stanley Jordan, Robert Cray, Adrian Belew, Eric Johnson, Joe Pass, Steve Rothery and John Petrucci....is laughable at best.

I've known a lot of guitarists, and not a one of them thought the Rolling Stone list was worth the paper it was printed on.
I agree with you Bill. A while back I was checking out the list to see where some members of the original Lynyrd Skynyrd band ranked (Steve Gaines, Allen Collins and Gary Rossington). I was shocked to see not one of them made the list and just as shocked with some of the people that did. I thought all three could/should have made the list. If there is a top ten list of the worst list's this one should be on it.

Last edited by Pat R; 04-24-2016 at 05:40 AM.