View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 10:37 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

A big load of noise designed to put an academic gloss on the only fact that really matters: "Auction listings are also more likely to sell than matched posted price listings, but at lower prices.." And "Frequent buyers tend to focus more on auctions, and they get better bargains when they are bidding." So let me get this straight: sellers gravitate towards selling mechanisms that make them more money? Whodathunkit?

Mic drop...

The days of throwing up cards at $0.99 and letting it rip are over, unless you like to lose money or you consign to an eBay consignment seller and hand over control of the minimum bid to him (which is why I won't use one of them ever again). After the beating that I took in auctions a few years ago when I needed to liquidate some items and allowed them to start at $9.99 via a consignment seller, I would never, ever risk a low starting bid auction again. If I use an auction I start the card at the minimum price I want for it. If I get one bid I am just fine with that but if there are multiple bidders I get the upside. I know a lot of weekend warriors who are in the same boat and who do what I do or use BINs w/ or w/o Best Offer.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 05-13-2016 at 10:52 AM.