View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 06:53 PM
d.ean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValKehl View Post
Dean,
What I am sensing from item 1. of your post is that the Chantilly Show (CSA) is no longer a joy to attend because it has not been well run since Marco Rol's departure. I can only speak as a collector who has not missed a Chantilly Shoe (as best as I can remember) for many years. But, I have not sensed any significant change and/or decline in the Show post Marco. Actually, I feel there have been some improvements recently - e.g., a few more vintage dealers, a TPG accepting subs, and more auction houses present (REA, LOTG, Sterling, etc.). Why do you feel as you do - are you speaking from a dealer's perspective?
Val
Val,

That was not my intention but I can see how one could glean that from my post. CSA is still the likely #1 promoter on the East coast, definitely #1 in the DMV. The new crew seems to lean far, far, far more toward football (which I don't collect) than baseball. Marco did a much better job of getting at least the current hof class in for a signing. I get the business model of football is king, but this coming show is the first in the last three shows with a decent baseball guest list. I am not asking for the world, I sent CSA an e-mail just asking to throw we baseball guys a bone with some meat on it every now and then. I am reasonable man. When I attend, the show is still enjoyable. The last show was the first show I have missed in over a decade! I also wish that CSA would adjust one show date that would allow current players and those who work for MLB as potential guests. The current March, July, October dates just doesn't work for those who work in baseball.