View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 07:59 PM
Mark Medlin

Rich,

I agree100% if someone has a conflict such as a long drive or previous commitment. But you never know when that one guy is going to walk in and plunk down big money. In my opinion if a show is advertised to go until X time, the majority should be there until X time. Nobody can know for certain what buyers are coming. You may be able to make an educated guess, but nobody can truly know.

On another note I think it helps in the professionalism if the dealer stands (if possible) and greets the customers. These purchases are all of a 1st world issue and the people that pose as though selling life saving commodities and act gruff and distant turn me off in a big way. Nothing better than a smile, a little bargaining, a couple jokes or anecdotes and a deal followed by a hand shake. This is a fun HOBBY and some seem to forget that. At Rich's shows all the people seem very cordial. Always great to see Roger Neufeldt and the like. I've never seen Rodger in a foul mood and I've known him for 30 years or so now. My comments are in now way a commentary on rich's show. I try to go each month. Actually met Leon face to face last month. Rich does a great job of creating a positive environment.

Mark

Last edited by Mdmtx; 07-10-2016 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Typo corrected