View Single Post
Old 07-24-2016, 06:42 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

That is very cool. One of my fave cards, and the one picked for the cover of my collection catalog was this Ruth/Cobb (not mine anymore). One of the all time great poses imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom S. View Post
In case anyone is interested in revisiting this old thread...

I see that in the upcoming Heritage Platinum Auction, one of the lots is a scrapbook that belonged to one of the players that played in the 1924 tour. The scrapbook has very similar pictures to the ones that were posted in this thread earlier; the best part is that each player signed their autograph (most with position played) underneath their image. So now we can see what the team rosters were (and how bad I am at photo IDing faces ). What a neat item!

http://sports.ha.com/itm/1924-baseba...umbnail-071515

White Sox team (from L to R): Johnny Mostil, Muddy Ruel, Bibb Falk, Charles Robertson, Ray Morehart, Val Picinich, Dave Bancroft, Frank Wojack (never played in the Majors!), Happy Foreman, John Clancy, Johnny Evers, Willie Kamm, Urban Faber, Sam Rice, and Ted Lyons.

Giants team (from L to R): Hughie Jennings, Irish Meusel, Claude Jonnard, Stuffy McInnis, Jack Bentley, Ross Young, Hank Gowdy, Heinie Groh, Walt Huntzinger, Travis Jackson, Walter "Butch" Henline, Artie Nehf, Frankie Frisch, Casey Stengel, and umpire Bill Walker.

Now if I could only identify the players shown on the Sociedade Industrial card from the original post I'd be happy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ruth.jpg (77.2 KB, 77 views)