View Single Post
Old 08-13-2016, 10:34 PM
Dan Bretta

I didn't realize that MBA auctions had a rep at the Roadshow. I wonder if that's how they came into the Clarence Steen autograph collection they auctioned last year. I would really love to hear the story behind that collection. Who owned it, and how they came to own it.

edited to add: I went to the roadshow about 10 years ago and Simeon Lipman looked at my baseball cards....I had about 10 Old Judge Omaha players, I don't recall what he valued them at. I also took some very rare Kruschev and Mao bobbleheads that I wanted Ted Hake to look at, but I unfortunately got some lady who damn near broke the Kruschev, she started shaking it to make the head bobble and when I say shaking it, I mean violently. I think my jaw hit the table...I snatched it back and told her not to touch it again. She told me it was worth 10 bucks. I told her she was waayyyy off and I asked for Ted Hake. He unfortunately couldn't make the trip to Omaha. I sold the Kruschev and Mao nodders for about $2,000 on the Nodder Exchange a few years later.

Last edited by slidekellyslide; 08-13-2016 at 10:43 PM.