View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 07:08 AM
B.ob L.amb

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
Best you guys can hope for is that someone buys out PSA. Nobody is going to send all their PSA graded cards to a currently unknown TPG to get regraded for a currently unbuilt registry website. As I've said before in these recurring threads, the only way another company comes in is if they DRASTICALLY UNDERCUT the price of PSA's $6/card bulk submission specials.

Nothing else will make a dent, IMO. Maybe Beckett buys out SGC, and loads their black gaskets into the BVG holders? And takes over SGC's lousy website and integrates it with Becketts?

Hearing the reports at the National of PSA grading being slammed all week and the SGC employees either "twiddling their thumbs" or "looking like sad puppies" make me think the battle has already been lost.
I stood in that PSA line Saturday for 2 hours to have about 100 cards submitted for grading and was told by the customer service rep that they had already received more submissions to take back to CA then they ever had at any show. When I walked by the SGC booth there were a few people filling out submissions, but there was no line at all.
Also while looking through dealers booths the number of PSA slabbed cards vs. SGC slabbed cards was also noticeable. For years people said Pre war to SGC and Topps/Bowman era to PSA but I have been seeing a trend of more Pre War era cards in PSA slabs with the set registry/ higher prices fueling this trend.
My only complaint with PSA is their turnaround times with bulk submissions taking up to 3 months to grade but a recent thread over on their board looks like they are addressing this issue with a posting for jobs looking for graders at their Newport Beach location.

Last edited by basesareempty; 08-15-2016 at 07:09 AM.