View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 10:10 PM
Bill Gregory

When I get back to collecting, the '53 Bowman set is one of three I'm going to focus on; that, the '75 Topps, which I have a nice start on, and the T206 is the other. I'll bounce back and forth between them, but my main focus will be the Bowman.

The '53 Bowman set is, in my opinion, the only one that challenges the Monster for sheer beauty. They're neck and neck, and, honestly, I don't think I could choose one over the other. I love them equally. But the '53 Bowman set perfectly represents what was a very special time in baseball, and America. It's a time capsule of a time after the WW II, before Vietnam and the turbulent 60s. Sixteen teams, two pennant winners, one World Champion. No DH. No wild card teams. No interleague play. The Dodgers were still in Brooklyn. The Braves were in Milwaukee.

The photography is just special. Those old players, those unis, those stadiums. Perfection.

Good luck with the set, Neal. Great choice! I look forward to seeing yours (and mine) grow. We've got the same idea in mind. 5/6 grade with high eye appeal. Hopefully we won't be competing for too many cards. You've got a head start on me

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.