View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 10:43 PM

Default Win a Card game came out in 1968

In my SCD article somewhere in this thread is a picture of the game from the Milton Bradley "playbook" for 1968--a catalog of all their toys for the year. This catalog was published prior to the International Toy Fair in February 1968. I obtained this from Milton Bradley headquarters many, many years ago. MB salesmen carried this catalog when they went to five and dime stores trying to get orders for toys. Merchants ordered directly from the salesmen, not MB headquarters.

The side of the Win a Card game box says copyright applied for; inside the lid it states copyright 1968. The actual copyright was finally approved a year later, in April 1969. I checked all 5 of my game boxes, they all say the same thing. I will check with my brothers and buddies in Charlotte on their game boxes but I don't think I will find a different date. Recall that production was very limited, and the game was a bust in terms of sales.

More memorably, I remember how I felt in the summer of 1968 when I finally got three Hank Aarons. There is absolutely no evidence that this game came out in 1969 or 1970.