View Single Post
Old 09-05-2016, 04:41 AM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Nick - between the dismantling of the Frank Wren collection via trades for promising prospects and reorganizing of the farm system, better days are coming.

At this point, I would not worry about not getting the number one pick...that doesn't matter as much in Baseball as it does in other sports because there are very few Jr. Griffeys and Bryce Harpers. Teams do just as well in the draft with later picks...it is a very imperfect science.

While I have winced at some of the trades the Braves made, the current results of those trades and their associated follow-up transactions look really good.

...and since I have been an Atlanta Braves fan from day one in 1966, and have lived through all those 'lean' years before 1991, I can say without hesitation that I have never, ever rooted for the Braves to loose.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 09-05-2016 at 04:45 AM.