View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 02:05 PM
Patr1ck Mu111N5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammus View Post
Just out of curiosity, what is the comment about a less than stellar reputation referring to?
He is probably referring to the VP's behavior on message boards. The VP has tarnished is own reputation for having a lack of integrity and bullying fellow collectors.

On 9-6 I posted, "Exactly why I sat this one out and have passed on many, many 1940 Superman cards from Just Collect." - A very simple and honest post that received a prompt and threatening PM from the VP.

The next day I posted a comment about the VP and decided to delete it because I thought maybe this wasn't worth getting into with a guy who behaves like a loose cannon. Since, I've noticed several other posts being edited I am wondering if he has been threatening them, too.

Just Collect's blog shares endless "finds" which come off as manufactured hyperbole to me. To buy a card off eBay is fine to complete a set for a break, but then to give an "approximate" value of 30% more in order to try to justify the price point, a lack of communication at the National, and seeing how difficult it was for customers to receive their promised "prompt" refund is borderline fraudulent, IMO.

But, I personally avoid Just Collect because of the comments their VP has made on collecting forums with memes making fun of mentally challenged people, mocking the Malaysian Airline tragedy, and comments about Rick Probstein's business practices and religion.