View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 09:38 PM
Mark Ness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Welcome dude. But please, a little editing next time would be cool. I can tell you from my own experience that if you want people to read your post try to keep them a little shorter.
LMAO I did not realize how long my post was. Sorry, I have lots of questions. I just edited my 1st post and included the edited parts below so you guys don't get too lost reading too much at once. LOL

Before I took my break from collecting, BGS ruled the market. PSA cards in same condition could be purchased for so much lower. I purposely bought all BGS/BVG cards and would stay away from PSA. I found the Beckett holders more attractive, more secure, and I like how they give you all the sub grades .I think it helps determine the strengths of the card vs others in same grade. So how come after all the drama with counterfeit PSA cards is Beckett not so popular nowadays?

Did I miss out on something??? I know BVG is rumored to not grade as strict as PSA when it comes to Vintage (now days) but years ago I was always under the impression it was the exact opposite with all Beckett cards….Beckett was more strict. It makes me now want to send all my Beckett cards to PSA for crossover but I like the Beckett holders for long term preserving of my cards. I heard stories how Beckett has recently been giving higher grades to cards not worthy, but if this was not so true in the past, wouldn't it mean buy older Beckett cards when the grading was more strict then submit them to PSA crossover service in hopes of getting a cheaper BVG card that will now grade same as PSA but worth more once switched into PSA holder.