View Single Post
Old 09-14-2016, 10:47 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

1. The slab looks unusually frosted but the tabs seem to be okay. You have a good chance of it being okay, but resubmit for piece of mind or it will drive you mad.
2. I think you are correct although the PSA police will tell you no. BGS/BVG was stricter than PSA in years past as the graders gave zero leeway and expected the vintage to look like a new modern shiny card in condition.
3. This has changed as PSA tightened standards in the past couple years, more so in the very recent past. The problem with this is the grades are everywhere and have no consistency as they reslabbed the older grades with holos without regrading making the grades worthless. To have properly fixed the issue they should have downgraded appropriately and people could judge on the older slabs for themselves if they would handle the reslab.
4. PSAs popularity is because they became the Kleenex of the grading world to the investors and noobs, when many know that Puffs (BVG, SGC) are just fine. This is due to the registry and competition between those in it, and brand recognition, not in my mind a better product.
5. They are the main issue in numerous scams, but still seem to keep the reputation, so I really don't know if it will ever change. They seem to be impervious to bad press.
6. I believe fully they will purposely downgrade cards in competitor slabs to maintain an ego of superiority, so you IMO need to crack to submit.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 09-14-2016 at 10:47 AM.