View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 04:48 AM
Br.ent So.bie

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynparson View Post
You guys act like scrolling by a listing is so time consuming its funny. You want what card you want when you want it for the lowest price its ever sold for. I think its hysterical people should go through all the work to find, list, and make it nice and easy for you but god forbid they want to make a couple dollars. It has gotten to the point of being pathetic with some of you. The sense of entitlement of some collectors is astounding. like it or not some cards sell for good money and just because you call yourself a collector and not an investor does not mean you deserve the card more than anyone else. What did you guys do when you had to go to shows or scrounge through SCD to find cards. It is so much easier than it ever was to find items, yet many still do nothing but complain, and to me it is usually the ones that claim it is just a hobby for them.
With all due respect, this is a two way street. Its laughable when dealers/sellers whine about low ball offers, especially considering its usually the pot calling the kettle black. Do dealers not BUY their material as cheap as they can get it?? Do they not constantly low-ball people to get material?? If the average dealer walks into a flea market or antique store and finds cards say worth $300.00 for a steal, does he inform the seller that a fair price to pay would be $150.00? Of course not! He buys them as CHEAP AS HE CAN. Dealers, just like COLLECTORS, try to get the card(s) as cheap as they can. What part of this is rocket science? I have no problem with any dealer/seller trying to get the most for their items, just like I understand collectors are trying to do the same, and get the item as cheap as possible. So c'mon, if you've done the "momentous" task of listing cards on eBay, please don't be a hypocrite.
Thats my two cents.

Brent