View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 08:30 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
How many raw ones have you seen in the last 15 years? I think I've seen a total of 1
I've seen one raw one amongst just the people on this thread, lol.

Honestly one in 15 yrs? I have not paid attention, but quite a few. Granted a good percent of those were likely slabbed after but only if someone was planning on selling. I admit that I have bought tons of slabbed cards, but never put in a submission once.

Not everyone needs to use those services. If I like a card and do not plan on sellng I will keep it raw because I like it better. Many people are like that. I hate the ugliness of PSA holders, like the black surround of a SGC and feel that Beckett slabs are the most presentable of all. Saying that, I prefer the raw best.

I would grade if I was selling, but until then it waits. I have talked to many collectors, especially the long timers that are more than happy not grading. It's a reason I hold very little faith in population reports.

A true number of survivors will always be conjecture and opinion. I have a different opinion than most, but I do not feel the Mantle is rare at all other than in pristine form. Any card that can be found in multiples of 20+ any day of the week on ebay is not rare.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 01-08-2017 at 08:33 AM.