View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 08:50 AM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurri17 View Post
If this has been covered I apologize. A kid who collected and pulled a '52 Mantle from a pack was most likely born between 1937 and 1946 (meaning he was between 6 and 15 years of age). Those men are now 71-80 years old. It is just a sad fact that we are in the era that large numbers of that era will begin to pass away. We may find an influx of '52 Mantles as homes, attics, and collections are cleared out due to their passing. I don't mean to be morbid, especially since I'm getting older myself, but just something I thought might be a consideration.
I agree that many copies of this card will soon be "discovered" over the next 20 years.....my guess is most of these cards will be of the lower grade variety (3's and less). It will be interesting to see once these long hidden copies come to market, how many will be graded. It can be easily tracked ....

This card is so iconic, that even a gradual "influx" over the next 15-20 years will unlikely have a negative influence on the prices that this card realizes.