View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 11:21 AM

My frustration wasn't over if they are competent to authenticate, I think that its clear that they get it right most of the time which is important as there will always be human error and some forgeries are excellent.

My issue was that I don't think either company handled this properly. If you can't render an opinion you shouldn't charge someone, I was paying for their opinion. Its like hiring someone to paint your house, they charge you upfront, and then they say well we don't have a ladder tall enough to get the ceilings so here's a store credit for your next house to be painted. I have no problem paying if its not authentic.

I also take even greater issue with someone spending 30 seconds on something and then issuing an opinion. I am realistic I understand "quick pinion" is just that a quick opinion. In my case thou it was 8 min from my submission time. Not 8 min of looking at it. I don't think for 1 second they opened my message the moment I sent it. I would assume someone opened it minutes later and maybe spent a total of 1 minute looking at the signature. Again that may be all it takes for a crap signature and maybe the one I posted differs from the one I posted with authentication but if you look at Lebrons signatures on known examples of UDA from the UDA database you can see his signature varies quiet a bit from example to example.

I sent the jersey back and got a full refund. Its maddening because sure you can just spend more and get JSA or PSA pieces only but those pieces had to originate somewhere beforehand so surely someone "took the chance". I only was frustrated because in both cases I don't think i got what I paid for.