View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 05:36 PM
J0hn Collin$

Default Possible Lost-In-Mail Advice?

Hi guys,

I normally post in the Post-War forum, but figured this one gets a lot of traffic too and might be a better place to pose my questions. If I'm in the wrong forum per any rules, let me know and I'll be glad to move the thread.

Any advice for what is an admittedly early potential "lost in the mail" problem with an eBay seller? I purchased a BVG graded card from a seller with 100% positive feedback that was shipped, and that my post office 10 miles away took in on Saturday morning, then sat on. It should have been delivered today, but wasn't, and when I checked with that post office that was the last known location, they said they didn't have it, and the carrier didn't either. Tracking of course stopped updating on Saturday, saying that it had made it to my town, but that was it. This was a first class package with the standard tracking. Not sure if the seller purchased insurance on it - though for the price - they certainly should have.

Yes, it's early yet - but what are my recourse choices through eBay / PayPal if indeed this card never shows up? I did contact the seller this afternoon just to give them a heads up - and they were very gracious and responsive - but if it comes to having to ask for my money back, I know attitudes can sometimes go south in a hurry. I need to read the fine print, but where would you start with the guarantees - eBay or Paypal? I think in 3 or 4 days I can file with eBay that the item never arrived to get things started on their end if it comes to that. They estimate it will be here by the 27th, but I know it's already here in town somewhere via the tracking. Paypal I'm not even sure. The seller did say they would also file a claim with the USPS in 10 days if it still hasn't shown.

Hoping that the package suddenly lands in the USPS tracking system with an update again tomorrow morning and this will all be moot - but I want to be prepared. Thanks for any advice.

-John

Last edited by jchcollins; 01-23-2017 at 05:52 PM.