View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 09:11 AM
Rob

Default A little venting...and question on value.

As I mentioned...Earlier this week I picked up 150 pennants via 15 auctions from the same seller. They sent the invoice and I paid. All seemed well. Then last night I received a message from the seller stating that due to an Ebay glitch, one of the auctions was listed twice, both ending at the same time...and of course...there were two different winners. Thus, they were refunding my payment for that lot. They provided the item number for the second listing so I checked it out and discovered I had the higher bid...and both auctions did end at the same time. So why would they give the lot to the under bidder? I've asked this question of them and so far no response. I also asked why they didn't refund some of the shipping cost (just because I was annoyed)...since they are sending me 11 fewer pennants.

This piqued my curiosity again so I started playing around with the shipping to get an idea of what the real cost would be. I assumed 30 pounds...which is probably way more than 150 pennants weighs...and 30x15x12 packaging...and via priority mail the cost would be $52. They charged me $58...close enough...however, they didn't ship priority. They shipped USPS Parcel Select, which from my googling is much cheaper...though I couldn't find pricing for it.

Anyway...Attached is the lot I'm not getting and I'm wondering what the value is on the New York Giants pennant? They're the most interesting pennants in this lot. My annoyance has started to subside, but the answer to this question may cause a relapse.

By the way...My winning bid was $26.

End of rant...