View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 06:21 PM
Kev1n @1les

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Sorry about your bad deal. He's banned and unfortunately you're just going to have to eat it and move on. Kevin, you and I have done deals before and you are one of guys that make this board great. Don't let one bad apple ruin it for you.

I would like his name though to avoid him outside of Net54
David,
I really appreciate the kind words. I still remember the '72's and I glad that you were satisfied with how the deal went down.

I will send you a PM with his information. I am having a tough time processing because he was so nice and engaging whenever we communicated. He is an accountant and was going through a very busy season, so I waited until an extra long time to give him the benefit of the doubt. Now that he won't respond to me or any of the backup artillery from the fine folks that run the board, I actually worry that something happened to him. $1500 was a fair price and he probably got the better of the deal. If I felt that I got a huge discount, I probably would have just chalked it up, but it was a fair price paid, so I wanted the extra three so I am not totally backwards in the set.

At this point, I actually worry that something happened to him because I don't think a reputation is worth $125 - so I think that something could have happened that kept him from email for the last month. And if things were so tight that he needed my $125 to eat, then I wish him well and hope he gets through whatever season he is in.

I think my problem is also going the "WTB" route versus just responding to what is for sale. The challenge is that as I fill out my collection my want list gets smaller so I have more success with WTB in the BST section - however, unfortunately, this is the downside.

Take Care

53-55 Red Mans Complete Set