View Single Post
Old 05-23-2017, 12:47 PM

Default I think the answer may lie in the last letter of first name?

Hello Jason,

I know when it comes to a Roberto Clemente auto, there have been many collectors that have been faced with a reality that their auto is actually not genuine. I am in no way an expert when it comes to autograph authentication but i do try to research as much as possible in order to increase my odds of not purchasing a non-authentic piece. I owe a ton of gratitude to a couple of board members here for keeping me on the right path over these many years.

I believe that the key may lie in the last letter of his first name. Because most of his autographs don't exhibit that characteristic of a loop back over the T, i would figure that if it was a forgery, they would be made to look like all the rest of the Clemente autos. I have seen the Phil Dorsey ones and to my knowldege, this signature is different in slant, flow, certain letter characteristics.

I then found 2 other autos that i used a a benchmark. One can be found on the PSA/DNA Auto Facts on Roberto Clemente, and the other on a Roberto Clemente check. You can see the similar characteristic on the loop over the T. I may still be far off base..LOL

I have left them here for you and other board members.

Thank you again for your much valued input.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clementepsa.jpg (73.4 KB, 360 views)
File Type: jpg CLEMENTECHECK.jpg (79.0 KB, 366 views)