View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 06:55 PM

Default My first vintage project- 1955-1960 Topps Harmon Killebrew PSA

Hi everyone! I'm fairly new to Net54, but I've been pretty active on Blowout for the past few years, and SCF before that. I've been collecting for around 10ish years, but it's been almost post-1980 cards, aside from slowly building Twins team sets from Topps flagship from 1961 on. Anyways, I've been looking to get more involved in vintage, hence my reasoning for joining this forum, but I wasn't entirely sure where to start. There are a few cool sets I have picked out that I'd like to chase eventually (namely 1933 Delong and 1941 Play Ball), but both seem pricier than I can handle right now, and not the easiest way to jump into the vintage world. The other day, I realized the perfect project to start it off-

One by one collecting a Harmon Killebrew card from each Topps set in his Senators days. I'm a big Twins fan, so going after one of the best to play for the franchise is pretty appealing, and his rookie card was in 1955 Topps, his first Twins card in 1961 Topps, so only having 6 cards to chase is super doable. I decided I want to get PSA copies of each card, to help lessen the risk of obtaining fakes, plus I just really like the way they look with vintage cards! My target grade will vary from card to card, mostly trying to keep each step within my price range (entering my final year of college, so money is pretty tight for a bit longer)

I'm going to start with the 1960 card and work my way backwards until I have a copy of the 1955 rookie. Not completely sure why, but I'm going to only do one card at a time- First get the 1960, then get the 1959, and so on. I'll keep this thread updated with my progress so you all can join in on my quest. I don't have any of these yet, so still looking for the 1960. I'll update the below section any time I get a new copy in. Thanks for the look, looking forward to this project!

Currently searching for: 1960 Topps Harmon Killebrew #210 PSA 5-7

Scans of what I have so far:

None yet, coming soon!