View Single Post
Old 09-29-2017, 11:00 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by BosseFieldBoy View Post
Fair warning, I've been drinking bourbon tonight. I've been a member for a few years as more of an observer than a poster. I was originally shocked and excited to see there were other people that shared the same interests as me. I'm 38 and am obsessed with players who died decades before I was born, people who played during the deadball era.

I love seeing posts by people like Orly57 showing me the deep Cobbs he has found. But I feel like boards have been dominated by negative posts over the last couple of years.

Enough. Let's have fun again! Let's show off our cards and learn from each other.

That said, SHOW ME YOUR COBB COLLECTION!!! When I see some good posts,I'll post too.
I like a little brandy myself.

Real life is not all rainbows and unicorns unfortunately. This forum is the same way.

What do you consider negative? If it is the name calling I agree. I am sometimes guilty of it and know I do need to improve in that area.

If it is the calling out of shady dealers and bad people in the hobby I would disagree and say that is a very good thing. I have emailed/PMed with others and it drives some of us crazy that so many collectors only care about what they want to buy and could care less who they buy it from. With that attitude the hobby will never get better. They are enabling the con men and thieves.

Hope you have a great evening and post more often.