View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 09:40 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

Default Idea for new BST section

This might be one of those things where I'm the only person who would actually use it, but I wanted to float an idea for a new BST section, primarily for trading lots. I assume that most of you guys, like me, accumulate a "discard" pile over the course of weeks, months, etc. They're cards that have value, but but don't really meld with your collection for whatever reason. They're not individually worth enough to make selling or trading them one at a time worth your while, but you'd really like to unload them, too.

This new thread would let you put your whole group up for trade, and everyone would essentially swap their personal "discard" piles. When you get someone else's, you take out what you want to keep, maybe hold the rest until you add a few new ones to the pile, then put it back up for trade. The groups of cards would morph over time, so if there was enough buy-in, there would always be fresh cards available.

Essentially you would just post scans and say what you think the lot is roughly worth, then keep an eye other lots that you think are comparable then strike up a conversation via PM. The lots would be welcome to span multiple decades, which is another reason it would need its own section.

I don't know...just a thought.