View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 10:39 AM
Tim Newcomb

Default Hi Mike

Interesting that you say that some players are from one year but have a different copyright. I presume that's because of their service time - i.e. Beckendorf didn't play w/Detroit until 1909 yet his card is C@1908. I will be back in touch with a question or two when I get these in hand-

Best,
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidethewrapper View Post
There are 29 different ( if you include the Team Card ) between 1907-1909. The 1907 has 16, 1908 has 6 new players ( black names on front ) - Bush, McIntyre, Summers, Thomas, Willett and Winter. White names on front indicate they were in the 1907 issue also. Some come with no name on front with 1908 copyright. The 1909 series includes 6 new players, plus 1 Team card ( again in black name on front except Team Card) : Beckendorf, Delahanty, Tom Jones, Moriarty, Stanage and Works. Again some come with 1908 copyright but released in 1909. The Detroit Team Card may also be part of this set, nobody knows for sure. It does have "Tigers" listed on the front in "White letters". So it may be a stand alone. I would think black letters would be consistent with the set.