View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 12:06 PM
Er1cPr0chn0w

You’d get a more accurate figure if you’d have pictures of all the panels and the sweet spot, but I’ll take an educated guess based on some assumptions.

If it’s a 1966 Atlanta Braves ball it’s their first year in Atlanta, as was pointed out by Chris. It’s not quite the same as a first year franchise ball, but definitely a little more desirable than a run of the mill year ball. So there may be a slight premium on it. As pointed out the strength of the signatures is on the lower side, but doesn’t look horrible, and you mentioned it looks better in person than in the pictures. I’m assuming it’s an official ball, but game used/scuffed.
Looks like Eddie Mathews above Aaron. I didn’t notice Torre or Niekro, but maybe he’s on another panel. If the other panels have similar quality of presentation, and there’s a signature on the sweet spot, preferably of one of the two managers they had that years (Bragan or Hitchcock), then I’d say a value closer to $175-$225 may be in the right ballpark.

Here’s an example of a recent eBay sale of a 1971 Atlanta Braves team signed ball of similar quality and quantity of signatures, except the ‘71 is on a souvenir ball. It sold for $202 a week and a half ago on a “best offer.”

1971 Atlanta Braves Signed Team Baseball(24)Hank Aaron,Ed Mathews,Nekro,Cepeda, https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F112549559311

Last edited by T20Brew; 08-31-2018 at 12:06 PM.