View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 08:50 AM
Joe D
Joe Do.oley

Quote:
Originally Posted by tothrk View Post
I haven't dealt with PSA or SGC or JSA regarding autographs. My question is: Say I submitted one of these T206's to JSA and it came back authentic. If I then send it to PSA or SGC with the JSA authentication to slab it, do they just slab it because JSA authenticated it? Do they have someone else render an opinion? Just how heavily is the JSA stamp of approval relied upon by auction houses? Considering the flowery language used in auction catalogs, I'm assuming that as soon as they see the JSA cert, they deem it good. If SGC returned the Marquard as fake, which is how this all started, who at SGC deemed it fake? Do they have an in-house person do this? At the very least, it sounds like that individual is worth more than JSA. For the record, I have zero financial interest in what is unfolding. Have never bought or sold any vintage autographed cards. Excellent work by these board members though. Also, if I want to slab my own autograph, do I just send it in?
No, they don't slab it just because JSA or SGC authenticated it. In general I don't they care to see the prior results.