View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 02:19 PM

Powell,

As you know, the Speaker was mine. I know it was owned by a collector here in Oklahoma prior to me purchasing it from Goodwin Auctions. I saw a scan of it on sportscollectors.net around 2008, so I know it’s history at least that far. I don’t personally know the prior owner, but Robert Taylor is a fellow collector here in Oklahoma and he knows him. I believe Robert told me that the prior owner has purchased it over 30 years ago. I can’t speak for the others, but the Speaker definitely existed well before this forger or forgery ring went to work.

Also, I think you were the buyer of the Frank Baker that was proven to be fake. I contacted Brian at REA and approved him withholding the purchase price from my consignment check. He’s a stand up guy and he informed me that he had already refunded the buyer. He’s also refunding me what I paid for the card through REA back in 2015. I’m really impressed with how REA has handled the situation.

Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powell View Post
I'd greatly appreciate any help on the authenticity of the signatures in my signed T 206 collection: