View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
This set has a weird dichotomy that prior to the find, a PSA 5 was a wonderful conditioned card and would sell for a premium since the majority of known examples were in lower grade. So everyone that bought in to mid-grade cards prior to the find spent a bunch of money.
Once the find occurred, those original collectors probably felt bait and switched just because their classic set which was high grade at the time, relatively speaking, would now be considered low to midgrade forevermore, because of BSF.

I'd probably feel the same about the thousands I've spent on accruing the highest graded PSA set of T51 Murad cards, but I knew that was a risk when I started it.
Agree 100%. When I put my E98 set together there were several SGC 50's and 60's because they were the highest or 2nd highest at the time. Little did I know the Black Swamp Find was on the horizon. Luckily I bought 5 Black Swamp cards as upgrades to my set but waited until the prices started to fall. I do feel your pain though because of the glut of high graded BSF cards on the market. Still glad I have it as it is a nice small set. I'm just hoping there is never a "White Meadows Find" of pristine E94s lol...