View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 11:04 AM
Jay Cee

Im old school where I remember card collecting before grading. I knew the hobby changed when there was another price guide other than Krause SCD, in graded cards called "SMR".

The Registry is what made all the difference between the grading companies along with consistant competent grading. It would have been nice to see TPGs keep to doing what they knew best. As I remember, Beckett was really good at newer shiny cards while SGC was the better company for Pre War and the first company (I believe) to grade postcards. PSA was all across the board, but did not have one area of specialty.

Now, its big business where you must have a TPG Blessing on the card to sell it, or everyone thinks its a fake, altered, and is treated like a red headed step child. Its all our fault to give such power to these TPGs who's opinion we coveth and pay dearly for.

I still own many raw ungraded cards Ive bought from the 80's and 90s. When I decide to sell them, I will choose the best grading company at that time.