View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 12:23 AM
Rhett Yeakley

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
I am not waiting for any reaction and this is about what I expected. I figured there would be a few more posts about how they're the greatest, most honest auction house in the hobby.
Yes you were absolutely looking for a reaction, otherwise why even point it out? Also, people will come to their defense because they are good people that try to do the right thing and stand for something... you know unlike you.

Quote:
I think it's unlikely that they didn't know the the tin had been cleaned up well before it was disclosed, and that they didn't notice the card had the alteration before they were tipped off.
Again, a tin sign is not a card, which is what we have all been talking about. Also, thanks for letting us know what Al & Jeff did or didn't know & what they did or didn't notice, that is very helpful as you are obviously in a position to know what is going in their heads.

Quote:
If the consensus around here is that this type of alteration or conservation is acceptable I have a feeling the hobby will soon evolve to accept others that have only removed things from a card that were not there originally.

I personally don't think erasing a stain and damaging a card in the process is somehow better than using distilled water or a chemical to remove one and leaving no trace behind. I'm not sure it's any worse either.
You seem to think that you have made some sort of point and are drawing some conclusion from that but you haven't... in fact everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

ebay store: kryvintage-->https://www.ebay.com/sch/kryvintage/...p2047675.l2562