View Single Post
Old 09-01-2019, 05:04 PM
Barry Sloate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
Barry, I dont know much about E98's (was never into them and never owned a single one). All I am going off of is the PSA Registry -- picture attached below - which shows 8 E98 Red Cobbs, not designated BSF, graded PSA 9.

The statement has been made (twice) that one reason to cross a PSA 9 in a BSF flip to a PSA 9 in a non-BSF flip, with a new cert, is maybe because the owner felt the card would be more valuable disassociated from the BSF. My real point is that there are at least 7 other, PSA 9, Red, E98 Cobbs, in non-BSF flips. Thus, I dont see that as viable/realistic. Especially when, apparently, everyone that knows about these cards knows that almost all high grade E98 Cobbs are BSF. But I don't know.

I was joking that a lower grade E98 Red Cobb should be more valuable/have a premium, because, based on the pop report, they appear much more scarce than PSA 9s.
I really don't follow this stuff either Ryan, but it sounds like some collectors want the BSF designation removed. Perhaps that's a stigma against the card? I just don't know.