View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 07:51 PM
Sean McGinty

I am 42 and also grew up with Canseco, etc but now just collect cards of guys I never saw play.

I am not sure. Demographics suggest a negative price correction when the boomers pass on simply because there are so many of them and not enough gen Xers or millenials to fill their shoes, even if they collect as much on average, which is itself questionable.

With pre war vintage I don’t think there will be much impact since supply is so low, but stuff from the 50s and 60s will likely take a hit.

Beyond that....who knows? Maybe AI will mess up society so much that humans don’t collect anything 50 years from now. Or maybe it will make us collect more than we do now? We are entering uncharted waters and history doesn’t offer much of a useful guide.

My daughter (just shy of 2 years old) collects cards featuring pictures of cute puppies on them though, so maybe the upcoming generation will still collect cards after all!