View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 05:42 PM

One or two here and there, but very unusual to find the two part ones, in fact quite difficult. That being said, I have talked to some old time collectors 1960's/70's that did think all Ramly's were two parts, apparently due to the scarcity of all Ramly's and pre-internet era, these were the perhaps the only ones they had encountered.

Having handled a few thousand of them over the years, I have one small original group that are in fact two-pieces and pretty easy to see, as the front and back are markedly mis-aligned on most of them. Oddly they were removed from an album, apparently with very little direct water, as they have back stains and paper pulls where they were glued in with the old brown horse glue.

I have soaked a few solid stock Ramly's to remove excess paper and find that they get extremely fragile on the front, just a few touches and the top layer will rub. They are printed directly onto to the paper stock and then coated with a clear coat of some type. Most T-cards are printed on clay coated paper and you can soak and handle them without any fear of disturbing the front image, the back which is just paper stock will however suffer the same surface damage if you get too aggressive with a q-tip or such when trying to get stubborn paper to release.

Last edited by sb1; 11-10-2019 at 05:43 PM.