View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 11:11 AM
CoreyRS.hanus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny630 View Post
In my mind irregardless of what the authorities uncover and or prosecute it’s already all out there, everyone has all the information to make an informed decision based upon the facts and evidence already discovered. No matter what happens in regards to prosecution or lack there of is going to change my mind, it’s made up. To Me It’s all priced in. This hobby/industry has survived all the scummy past wrong doings and it will survive this one as well.
Who is "everyone"? The fact that (i) people who read this Board or (ii) registry collectors who are incentivized not to do anything to reduce the confidence the hobby has in slabbed cards may possess this information does not predict how the next generation of collectors will view TPGs. And it is those collectors who will be the ultimate deciders of whether slabbed cards hold their value.

I already know deep-pocketed investors who considered investing in high grade slabbed vintage cards but who backed off due to the info that has been coming out over the past several months. I don't believe anybody can predict with much certainty how this will play out over the coming months/years, except to say that in my experience eventually the market absorbs into its pricing the reality of what something is.

Last edited by benjulmag; 11-12-2019 at 11:25 AM.