View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 05:10 PM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackW View Post
I've never understood the point of previews for online auctions (all of them, not just REA). What's the point? Come look at our auction, then come back in a week to place a bid? For as long as these auctions run, there's plenty of time to take it all in. JMO.
While I get your point of an auction being opened for a long time, the longer the preview is open, the more chance it gives buyers to save up for that key piece. Case in point, when I got my E92 Nadja Wagner, I knew about it about two months before the auction went live. Without that extra two months, I likely wouldn't have been able to save enough in time to afford it. I've actually been holding off on a purchase right now because I know of 2 cards in the next REA auction that I would prefer to go after. If you are looking for things that come up every month, that may not be a big deal, but if you are looking for something that only comes up every few years and you'll need to save for it, you don't want to lose out cause you bought something else the week before.
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers