View Single Post
Old 12-20-2019, 01:40 PM
Tim Hadley
Tim Ha.dley

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcy View Post
A seller should give honest, informed information and represent the card accurately to the buyer. As grading is subjective and sometimes wrong and buyers often pick cards that are wrongly graded, that doesn't make disclosing the previous professional grade required. But a seller knows what information is and is not relevant and important that should be disclosed.

If you're selling "as looks like Mint" an ExMt card that was previously graded as ExMt that's deceptive, but that's so misrepresenting the card whether or not one should disclose the professional grade.
I see plenty of people selling cards on websites, ah's, Ebay and even here that will say something to the effect of "looks better than the grade". As you noted, grading is subjective so if Joe Blow pulls a card that was ExMt from a slab and advertises it as "looks like mint", maybe it does. As long as it has a good, quality picture, the buyer should make that determination. We push the saying "buy the slab and not the holder". I never hear someone have a slabbed card in a 7 advertise it as "Well, it's in a 7 holder but only looks like a 4 to me".
I agree with you that as a seller I want to be as accurate and up front as I possibly can be with any card that leaves my possession because that it my name, my reputation on the line.