View Single Post
Old 12-27-2019, 09:32 PM
Curt

I guess prohibitively expensive is relative.
The 52 set is loaded with Dodgers high numbers, so aside from the Robby, Campy and Reese who are all a pretty penny, it makes for a really expensive team set in my eyes.
One of the only post war Dodgers team sets I have not completed for the team (and that pesky Rose RC for the 63 T set).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianruns10 View Post
Thanks! I'm rather torn as to what direction I want to go. The first time around, I attempted the entire 407 (minus the Mantle) which proved really daunting. Too big of a bite, in hindsight. So I'm looking to build something smaller, but can't decide what. One thought is working on a run of Dodgers players, which is an amazing group of players in the set, and none are prohibitively expensive, except perhaps for the Robinson.

The other thought, which I'm leaning towards, is doing a short run of cards 1-80. Another thought I've had is trying for a master short run, getting black and red backs, the Page/Sain error, and some of the color varieties.

But I"m definitely enjoying buying raw cards. Much cheaper than slabbed, and it's nice to not sweat grades so much, and focus more on visual appeal.