View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 04:42 PM
J0hn Collin$

Default Cards I want back [emoji20]

I started collecting as a kid in 1986; got into the older stuff maybe a few years later. Most acquisitions largely on a generously parent-funded budget back then were pretty modest by today’s standards, but I still had some sweet cards. I didn’t know too many other 12 year-olds in 1989 for example that had a ‘56 Mantle & Williams, a ‘58 Aaron, etc., etc. Like Adam mentioned, there’s a ton more that I wish I would have been able to get at those prices now than actual regretting of anything I had and then got rid of. But there are a few: A ‘55 Clemente RC in probably the early 90’s, when an EX one was worth like $300... A show in my 20’s where I bought an E92 Dockman Cy Young that later wound up in a PSA 5 slab...A ‘52 Topps Jackie Robinson #312 along about the same time which had a light vertical bend, but was otherwise VG-EX and perfectly centered...yep, at various points I let each of those slip away. As contrary to my desires at the time it sounds to say, I guess I honestly never believed that some of those cards would go up so exponentially in value in just a few decades.

There have been a ton of other postwar stars, rookies, and Hall of Famers along the way that I have got rid of at some point, and then re-acquired. But the ones mentioned above are the ones I remember. For the longest time, a ‘48 Leaf Ted Williams was among those. Although in lower grade than the one I had, I finally managed to re-acquire one of those last summer. [emoji851]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by jchcollins; 01-24-2020 at 05:21 PM.