View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 10:21 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
I'm not surprised to see Pistol Pete's name being thrown around a lot now. Both he and Kobe were almost the same age when they passed; they were both amazing players who played as guards, and most importantly, they both loved helping others.

Now I'm not trying to take anything away from Kobe here, but he was lucky to have played for an organization that always wants to win.

What would have happened if the Pistol had played for the Lakers? Just think of a backcourt consisting of him and Jerry West - wow! And he would have been passing the ball to guys like Wilt Chamberlain and a young Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Instead, he ended up on crappy teams and now you don't hear about him much.
The what would of happened argument to me doesnt hold merit. Having the opportunity and coming through is always going to be higher than someone who never had the opportunity. Its an unknown versus a known. Is what it is, life isnt fair. There have been great players on great teams that dont win...... cant hold someone down for coming through when given the opportunity to the level of someone that 'what would have happened if'