View Single Post
Old 02-19-2020, 07:37 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default Pwcc

In the past few years, I have sent two lots to PWCC. I would say that roughly 1/3 of the items sold for well above my expectations, 1/3 sold at for what I expected, and 1/3 sold for under what I felt I could have sold them for myself. I think that PWCC's perceived sold prices are specific to certain items, and the high prices don't carry through on all items. The same applies to PSA cards. Some prices are higher, especially on modern cards, but for lower end vintage, SGC seems to prevail.

The advantage is that PWCC's consignment rates were under what I would have paid eBay and PayPal if I had listed them myself, plus, I didn't have to scan, list, or ship.

I am not going to consign to PWCC again because of the integrity problems that they seem to be having. It has been 20 years since I submitted to PSA, but I do send small orders to SGC once or twice a year. I have 8 PSA cards in my collection and I am thinking about breaking them out of the PSA slabs and either keeping them raw or sending them to SGC.

I would mostly agree with Jay Cee's list, although some of the companies on the list are having their own problems with passing along trimmed cards, or they have problems with shipping charges, etc.

I would also add Birmingham Auctions to the list of good guys.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scan0001.jpg (74.1 KB, 784 views)

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.