View Single Post
Old 03-31-2020, 11:19 AM

A couple of other answers/clarifications - it does seem like most folks have scans here on Net54 but they seem to be generally of their own collection and are of a huge variety of resolutions. I chose smartphone photos as a base as I would assume they are the most readily available and consistent (in terms of resolution) when it really counts which is during a transaction. This would include a purely web transaction and even more so during any in-person transaction as most would have a smartphone on their person to authenticate live.

On the AI question - right now Im just using machine vision and basic blocking and tackling with no real AI/MI. I can see at some point in the future the system being able to identify other card markers using some form of AI and also potentially learning things from comparison between automated grades and numerical grades that this would give out. It could learn new things and significant relationships between authentication and condition as well. If this ever gets to the investment stage lord knows Ill have to talk about AI a lot - but for now its hard enough to just train up the machine vision with screaming kids in the background...

Last edited by kevinlenane; 03-31-2020 at 11:23 AM.