View Single Post
Old 04-19-2020, 09:11 AM
Bill H@e1ig

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltOrioles View Post
Bill,

Nice story on Cal's time in Asheville. Too bad he isn't pictured in the team photo as a bat boy.

Do you just collect minor league stuff related to the Ripkens or are you more of a minor league collector than you let on?
Alan:

I think it would be great if Cal Jr. had been in that team photo as the bat boy. My suspicion is the team picture might have been taken while the family was still in Aberdeen waiting for school to end.

Regarding Minor League things, I always liked the Rochester Red Wings just due to their rich long term relationship with the Orioles & the # of players who played with both clubs.

When it comes to the Ripken Family, I like to collect things related to any portion of their career (including minor leagues).

As you know the Orioles (Coke & Crown Oil sponsored) in 1991 issued a card set with every Orioles player who ever appeared in a game with them (I believe it was a 502 card set).

Obviously the set included Ron Jackson (whose photo you posted was the first one I've seen with him in an Oriole uniform; thank you).

I had Ron sign his card (with the inscription of "Not Me" lol), but do you have any idea on who is pictured??

Fun Fact: Bob Oliver was the last Oriole to wear #33 prior to Eddie Murray!

Last edited by roarfrom34; 04-19-2020 at 11:34 AM.