View Single Post
Old 04-20-2020, 10:38 AM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Default Excellent Article on Topps USA Test Hockey Cards

http://www.thetoppsarchives.com/2016...en-ricker.html

I came across this very well written article on the Topps Archives. It was posted on the 23rd of July of 2016.

It is a fact that these cards were released in 1967. Furthermore, I did manage to get a picture of the bottom of the Topps Test box which has the code:

Courtesy of Bobby Burrell

Almost every hockey card collector out there thinks that these test cards were released at the same time as the Canadian issue (printed by O-Pee-Chee). Furthermore, PSA has put 1966 on their labels as the date of issue. None of this is true. If PSA corrected this error, then the value of the test Bobby Orr card will plummet! This will obviously be very bad for some people, as they have spent thousands and thousands of their hard-earned dollars on this particular card.

Now I'm not angry at PSA for making this error, because I don't think their research department has ever been given this information. If someone takes the time to reach out to PSA, and spends months and months going back and forth with them, then they just might do it! I have gotten them to change the dates of a few soccer issues, but again, it was a very long and tiring process.

Enjoy the above article, and if you have any questions, then post them here and we all can start an interesting discussion.