View Single Post
Old 05-03-2020, 04:47 PM

I stand up and cheer, Chris! While I cannot see very clearly amidst the tiny picture, I KNOW you got the goods----that's one powerful array of Mick Charles, as he fancied calling himself not too long before he made the bigs, a neat take-off on Nick Charles, THE THIN MAN. I find it precious that you have a little helper, a natural way to bud his curiosity.

While my little guy never caught the baseball card bug, he most assuredly has the collecting bug. He has a spectacular collection of Sonic the Hedgehog, as well as 90s video games, housed in glass cases.

Though I do not have my collection of cards in a glass case, I chose the venue of a converted five-drawer heavy steel blueprint cabinet. My cards don't get hit with any light, except for the few minutes when I pull a drawer out to admire. You might recall these photos, Chris, from the summer of 2016, when I posted them on here. Nothing's changed, though I've added a pair of gorgeous 1962 Gehl's Gold Mine Ice Cream premiums of Roger Maris to enrich my Mantle - Maris collection. To load up the photos below, I again needed the help of my former little helper, who is now 32; my dear son Sam.

All the best to you and your family, Chris----always!

---Brian Powell
Attached Images
File Type: jpg M&M No 01.jpg (75.2 KB, 277 views)
File Type: jpg M&M No 02.jpg (78.3 KB, 272 views)

Last edited by brian1961; 05-05-2020 at 07:07 AM.