View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 02:01 AM
Bob Davies

To answer some questions...
The website was a side project. I may expand it and put some of my stuff on there for sale. I have not decided yet.
Why did I wait? Looking back, not sure. I’m a pretty patient guy with things, plus I’d heard from others that sometimes they have held other items for a long time, and eventually the items have Been auctioned off. When you sign an agreement, you expect both sides to hold to it. Plus it’s not like I was waiting for the cash.
Could I have called? Yeah again looking back, sure. However I do like email as a proper Documented record. It is certainly a legitimate method of communication today. If I had done this over the phone, then Nothing is documented. I might have been asked at that point “why didn’t you email and have the communication properly documented?”. In the end I’m glad I have the documentation.
The issue for me is they held onto it for two years, and lost the LOA. My gut tells me had I not reached out, it would still be sitting in their warehouse. I posted this here and on Facebook. It’s not bitter, it’s iNformation that I think folks should know. That’s a lot of what this forum is about, and I’ve seen this type of information posted here over the years I’ve been on here.
In the few short hours this has been up, I’ve been accused of things that are out of character for me, but I’ve also heard from numerous people about their frustrations both as buyers and sellers with this auction house. IMO this is the type of information the Net54 family would want to know.