View Single Post
Old 05-25-2020, 05:47 AM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oya311 View Post
I’m loving the Garbage Pail kids cards...I need to get a few to relive some of my best childhood collecting memories!
As a 2nd grader in 1985 I basically forgot about baseball cards when Garbage Pail Kids were out and hot. Actually remember trading most of my baseball cards for GPKs, and was willing to give just about anything for 1st or 2nd series which were tough to get. Everyone in school had them and were sticking them all over desks, books, buses, etc. It's crazy looking back on how twisted some of those things were, but as kids we ate em up.

About 15-20 years ago I grabbed a couple each of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th series sets and some 1st series pack for a few bucks. Prices have gone up substantially since, with individually graded 1st series cards and packs getting several hundred bucks, and sets 1-7 just fetching $3500 in REA.
https://bid.robertedwardauctions.com...e?itemid=67558

During the virus shutdown, I added a binder and the 5th and 6th series. Digging them out of the closet and sticking them all in a binder was a great midweek/midday boredom killer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GPK binder 2.jpg (79.6 KB, 635 views)
File Type: jpg GPK binder.jpg (77.2 KB, 647 views)