View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 07:22 PM

This was my first ever PSA submission, and it was really interesting. I looked at my records, and I mailed my cards to Bobby on August 30th. So, at this point, this is like getting some FREE cards!

Overall, well worth the wait. I submitted 8 cards, a spattering of modern cards, ranging from 1988-2012.

Results were one 10, four 9's, two 8's, and a 7.

As it turns out, the one card I submitted that wasn't targeted for my personal collection is the one that got a 10...a 2010 Bowman Chrome Prospects BCP101 Anthony Rizzo Autograph. One just sold on eBay at auction for $200, and the only other one on eBay is listed BIN for $475. Considering I pulled this from a pack back in 2010, I'm pretty thrilled.

PSA 9's were:

1988 CMC Calgary Edgar Martinez 443
2006 Topps ‘52 Dustin Pedroia 40
2006 Topps ‘52 Dustin Pedroia 40
2009 Topps American Heritage Nathaniel Greene 29

Gotta love minor league team issues of Hall of Famers. None of these on eBay right now, and only 38 total graded.

The Pedroia RC's were bought off Sportlots in 2008 for $15.50 total. I'm a big Red Sox fan so thrilled those came back 9's. These represent 2 of the 80 of this card graded by PSA.

I'm also a Rhode Islander, and General Greene's homestead is about 5 miles from my house. This is apparently the second one of these cards to be graded by PSA (only one in the PSA registry, a 10). Just a fun one for the personal collection.

The 8's:

2009 Topps American Heritage Chrome C31 Benjamin Franklin
2006 Bowman Draft BDP22 Jon Lester White

Gotta love some Ben Franklin! One of only two copies of this card graded by PSA. This is just a fun one for the personal collection.

Again, Sox fan so a soft spot for Lester. Best I can tell this is the first "white" version graded by PSA.

The 7:

2012 Choice Salem Red Sox 5 Xander Bogaerts

Interested to take a closer look at this card when it comes back to see if I missed something. Pulled from a team set bought back in 2012, and only the 2nd of his card graded by PSA, so still a cool card.

So, overall, some nice grades, some low pops...and a ton of fun! Can't thank Bobby enough for doing this - so excited to have my first PSA submission "in the books"!